VWCF was incorporated on September 15, 1925, for the purpose of receiving charitable contributions, investing the same, and using the income to further philanthropic activities in our area. The Van Wert County Foundation transforms quality of life by supporting purposeful endowments, inspiring collective growth, and building initiatives for the future.
While The Foundation endeavors to maintain a degree of flexibility in its grants, the following limitations should be noted:
- Grants are made to organizations accorded a tax-exempt 501 (c) 3 public charity status by the Internal Revenue Service and to governmental units.
- Grants are not made to individuals, except those who are accepted as a part of the college scholarship program.
- The Foundation does not provide grants for projects that taxpayers or commercial interests normally support.
- The Foundation does not support religious activities or programs that serve specific religious groups or denominations unless specified by a donor.
HELPFUL ITEMS FOR COMPLETING THE GRANT APPLICATION
- A description of the project, along with it’s goals and outcome measurements.
- A description of the population to be served.
- A documented line-item budget for the proposed project.
- The most recent audited financial statement or most current 990 of the organization seeking funds.
Grants are considered in June and December each year. Grant applications MUST be received by May 1 for June consideration and November 1 for December consideration.
ONLINE SUBMISSION ONLY
All funding requests must be submitted through our online grant portal. We will not accept Letters of Intent and/or Grant Applications via fax, mail, or drop off at our office.
We can help you with answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. GRANT FAQS