While the Foundation endeavors to maintain a degree of flexibility in its grants, the following limitations should be noted:
- Grants are made to organizations accorded a tax-exempt 501c3 public charity status by the Internal Revenue Service and to governmental units.
- Grants are not made to individuals, except those who are accepted as a part of the college scholarship program.
- The Foundation does not provide grants for projects that taxpayers or commercial interests normally support.
- The Foundation does not support religious activities or programs that serve specific religious groups or denominations.
GRANT PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A description of the project and what will be accomplished.
- A description of the population to be served.
- A documented line-item budget for the proposed grant.
- Information about the organization seeking funds, including its tax-exempt status.
The Van Wert County Foundation was incorporated under the laws of the State of Ohio on September 15, 1925. The said corporation was formed for the purpose of receiving charitable contributions, investing the same, and using the income to further the mental, moral, intellectual, or physical welfare and advancement of citizens of Van Wert County, Ohio, and such other areas as directed by a donor.
To apply, submit your application online here.
Grants are considered in June and December each year. Grant applications MUST be received by May 1 for June consideration and November 1 for December consideration.
ONLINE SUBMISSION ONLY
For further information contact:
The Van Wert County Foundation
Seth A. Baker, Executive Secretary
138 East Main Street
Van Wert, Ohio 45891