The Undergraduate Scholarship Program is a financial support option available to Van Wert and Paulding County high school graduates, and select graduates of other area schools, provided their main residency is Van Wert County. The application opens in mid-May and closes at the end of the month. Scholarship recipients are decided in June and notified in July. Applicants are eligible for a scholarship after the completion of their first year of post-secondary study, and are eligible to apply for three years of scholarship.
- A Van Wert County Foundation representative visits each school in the spring to register graduating students.
- To register, click here. Complete the form and submit it. You will see a confirmation screen once successfully submitted.
- The Foundation will issue an application notification using the email address provided through the registration process by May 1st of each year.
- Applicants must have completed their first year of post-secondary study.
A maximum of three grants will be made to undergraduate students pursuing an associates or bachelor’s degree.
- An applicant must be a full-time student enrolled in a minimum of 12 quarter or 12 semester hours per term. Special consideration may be given to part-time students.
First-time applicants must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Students who have been granted a scholarship must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA to be eligible for future scholarships.
An applicant must have been a resident of Van Wert, Paulding, or Allen Counties when they graduated from one of the following eligible High Schools:
- Delphos Jefferson (Any county residency)
- Delphos St. Johns (Any county residency)
- Parkway (Only Van Wert County residents eligible)
- Paulding Local Schools
- Spencerville (Only Van Wert County residents eligible)
- Vantage Career Center (Must be a graduate of one of the eligible high schools)
- Van Wert
- Wayne Trace
7. An applicant who receives a GED is eligible for a scholarship provided they attended one of the eligible high schools. Home-schooled students are eligible as long as residency is within Van Wert or Paulding County.